The purpose of the Upward Wing Christian Science Nursing Volunteer Program is to augment the work of the Upward Wing Christian Science Nurses, to broaden the organization's outreach, and support each volunteer in their own individual demonstration of the By-Law for the Christian Science Nurse.
Happiness consists in being and in doing good; only what God gives, and what we give ourselves and others through His tenure, confers happiness; conscious worth satisfies the hungry heart, and nothing else can. Message ’02 17:22-25
…I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me. Isa. 6:8
- Reading authorized Christian Science literature to individuals in their homes
- Assisting during workshops and Annual Meeting (set-up, hostess/host, photography)
- Assistance with inventory
- Maintenance of equipment
- Hosting Home Helper classes
- Researching special projects for the board
- Cleaning or organizational projects at the Cottage of Upward Wing
Interested in joining our group of loving Volunteers? Here is a simple list of qualifications:
- A desire to support the healing mission of Upward Wing Christian Science Nursing service
- An active member of a Christian Science Sunday School, Society or Church
- Possess the qualities of a "nurse" as enumerated by Mary Baker Eddy
The nurse should be cheerful, orderly, punctual, patient, full of faith, -- receptive to Truth and Love.
Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, Mary Baker Eddy, p.395:18–20